Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

October Unprocessed Week 4

Four weeks of unprocessed foods later, we realized it's not as bad as we thought it. And by we, I mean my husband and step son! The biggest change is how we react when we eat processed foods. Let's just say it's not a fun experience for anyone! 

On the plus side, I'm down 11 1/2 lbs! It's not super noticeable, but my clothes are fitting much better. 

We have also added new foods to our kitchen, which is always fun. 

In the end, there are some minimally processed and convenience foods that will make their way back into our lives, but there are also many unprocessed foods that are staying. I'm not going to feel guilty about eating these pulled pork fries from The Mug. The slaw is made on site with whole foods and the fries are fried in lard. Not exactly the healthiest thing on the planet, but still delicious! 



The hot dog below is unprocessed-no nitrates or preservatives. But the condiments and bun, not so much!

To be honest, I'm ready for some ice cream. And maybe a Pumpkin Spice Latte!

No comments: