Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Made From Scratch Tuesday 2/28


This week's creation comes from my mom's kitchen. 


Fiesta Cheesecake

Beat till fluffy 2 – 8oz. pkgs softened, cream cheese and 1 pkg taco seasoning mix
Add 3 eggs, one at a time, beating after each.
Fold in 2 cups shredded cheese (I used mild cheddar, but it's supposed to be Monterrey Jack) and 1 small can diced green chiles.  
Spray 9” spring form pan, sides and bottom, and pour cheese mixture in. Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes, until knife inserted comes out clean.  Remove from oven and spread top with 1 cup sour cream. Return to oven and bake 5 more minutes. Cool 15 minutes, then refrigerate at least 8 hours. To serve, remove side of spring form pan, and top with salsa.  Serve in wedges (20) with tortilla chips.




Now it's time to link up all of your creations!
Here are the rules:
1. You can link up as many posts as you'd like.
2. The post has to be made from scratch.
3. The post you link up MUST CONTAIN A RECIPE! 
4. If you want to put my button somewhere, that'd be cool. You can grab the code for the Made From Scratch Tuesday button on the top right of my sidebar. 
 


Photobucket

7 comments:

mjskit said...

Delicious looking cheesecake! Thanks for hosting again this week!

Jill@RealFoodForager.com said...

Hi,
I shared a recipe for a Cacao Date Energy Bar!
Thanks for hosting!

Kim of Mo Betta said...

I haven't seen a recipe like this before, I bet it's delicious!

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting!! Have a great week!

Bella @ Bella before and after said...

Wow that sure is a unique cheesecake. The other day someone else shared a recipe with me, where they added cheddar cheese to the cake as well, hmmm :)

Anyways, THANKS so much for hosting!! I'm so glad I finally linked up!

I love your blog so much, and have been horrible at keeping up, but I redid my blog roll again, and now I have all my FAV BLOGS updated daily on there. So I can hopefully keep up better.

Have a WONDERFUL day my friend!!

P.s. After coming back from an extended blogging break, I've started a couple new series I'm pretty excited about!!

Hope you can give me some feedback!!
Hugs, Bella :)
Bella Before and After
Euro Style Cakes

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

That is an interesting cheesecake recipe. I never thought of cheesecake as a savory dish, but I am for fact that my kids would love this.

Thank you so much for hosting. I am linking my Pork & Potato Baked In Foil....hope you enjoy it.

Savannah McQueen said...

Thanks for hosting this and I am really enjoying your site. I love to cook from scratch.